We Can Help!
Behavior problems can be dangerous, frustrating and can negatively impact quality of life for a pet as well as for their owner. The Animal Behavior Clinic addresses canine and feline behavior problems such as:
- Aggression to People or Animals
- Fear Issues
- Separation Anxiety
- Noise Phobias
- House Soiling
- Urine Marking
- Compulsive Behaviors
- Excessive Vocalization
- Attention Seeking
- Unruly Behavior
- Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome
- Inappropriate Scratching by Cats
- And More!
The Animal Behavior Clinic provides virtual consultations for canine and feline patients experiencing behavioral challenges. Initial assessments between our veterinarians and the pet(s) and owner(s) generally last ~90 minutes and involve collecting historical information, observing the pet(s), establishing a diagnosis, basic management and safety guidelines, and an outline of what treatment for these behaviors is likely to include. When appropriate, diagnostic testing through your primary veterinarian or another specialist may be recommended.
If you elect to pursue treatment, a treatment consultation will be scheduled within ~2 weeks of your pet’s assessment. During this consultation, recommendations will be provided for specific management strategies, behavior modification exercises, and – if indicated by the diagnosis – drug therapy, the use of supplements, diet changes, or other adjunctive therapies may be prescribed. Follow-up communication with our office is provided at no additional charge to assist in implementing the treatment recommendations that are provided to you; when additional recommendations are indicated, a recheck with the veterinarian may be required.
OUR SERVICES & FEES
BEHAVIORAL CONSULTATIONS – $360.00/hour
All consultations are conducted virtually via video or phone conference, and include a written summary of information and recommendations covered, provided to both client and referring veterinarian. Diagnostic & treatment appointments may be combined for long-distance clients.
- Diagnostic assessment (new patients, must include video during call) – includes behavioral assessment, diagnosis, risk assessment, and basic management plan (avg. length 1.5 – 2 hrs)
- Treatment consultation & plan – to follow a diagnostic appointment; includes comprehensive plan for management & safety, behavior modification strategies, and medication and/or medical testing recommendations, when appropriate (avg. length 1 – 2 hrs)
- Recheck assessment – follow-up recommendations and/or adjustments to existing treatment plans (avg. length 30 – 60 min)
VET-TO-VET CONSULTATIONS – $115/flat rate 30 min. call
Currently offered with Drs. Pachel & Pankratz only.
- Vet-to-Vet Consultations – Consults are conducted with an attending veterinarian via phone to discuss possible treatment and/or medication strategies for their cases. Does not include a written report or an evaluation of patient documents or records. The veterinarian makes final decisions on implementing recommendations given by our clinician(s). Availability for v2v consults is typically in the same week as requested, making this an ideal option for urgent cases. $115 flat rate (calls may vary in length between 15-30 minutes). Fee is charged directly to veterinary clinic. See our Vet-to-Vet Info Sheet for full details.
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE TO EXISTING CLIENTS
Behavior Modification Sessions with an ABC trainer or technician – $80-$160/ea. (price varies based on species and session package selection)
- One-on-one behavior modification sessions, by video conference
- Select exceptions for in-person, outdoor sessions may apply. Travel included within a 15-mile radius of our office. Additional distance may be approved at $1/mile each way.
- Sessions are purchased as packages; the session rate is discounted depending on the package chosen. See our Behavior Modification Services and Policies agreement for details.
- Veterinary Desensitization Sessions – one-on-one behavior modification sessions with gradual desensitization to veterinary handling and procedures. $150/session (20min ea.) available in 5-session packages.
ADDITIONAL PAYMENT DETAILS
- A cancellation fee may be charged on appointments cancelled with less than 72 hours’ notice. Please review our Cancellation Policy on our FAQs page for details.
- A non-refundable reservation fee in the amount of $180 will be collected at the time of scheduling a new patient appointment. Please see the Reservation Fee Requirements on our FAQs page for details on this fee and its application to your appointment cost.
- Additional fees will apply for any medications or products.
- The remainder of payment (any fees or time not covered by the reservation fee) is due at time of service.
- Cash, Checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and CareCredit are accepted.