We Can Help!
Behavior problems can be dangerous, frustrating and can negatively impact quality of life for a pet as well as for their owner. The Animal Behavior Clinic addresses canine and feline behavior problems such as:
- Aggression to People or Animals
- Fear Issues
- Separation Anxiety
- Noise Phobias
- House Soiling
- Urine Marking
- Compulsive Behaviors
- Excessive Vocalization
- Attention Seeking
- Unruly Behavior
- Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome
- Inappropriate Scratching by Cats
- And More!
The Animal Behavior Clinic provides virtual consultations for canine and feline patients experiencing behavioral challenges. Initial assessments between our veterinarians and the pet(s) and owner(s) generally last ~90 minutes and involve collecting historical information, observing the pet(s), establishing a diagnosis, basic management and safety guidelines, and an outline of what treatment for these behaviors is likely to include. When appropriate, diagnostic testing through your primary veterinarian or another specialist may be recommended.
If you elect to pursue treatment, a treatment consultation will be scheduled within ~2 weeks of your pet’s assessment. During this consultation, recommendations will be provided for specific management strategies, behavior modification exercises, and – if indicated by the diagnosis – drug therapy, the use of supplements, diet changes, or other adjunctive therapies may be prescribed. Follow-up communication with our office is provided at no additional charge to assist in implementing the treatment recommendations that are provided to you; when additional recommendations are indicated, a recheck with the veterinarian may be required.
OUR SERVICES & FEES
BEHAVIORAL CONSULTATIONS – $360.00/hour*
All consultations are conducted virtually via video or phone conference, and include a written summary of information and recommendations covered, provided to both client and referring veterinarian. Diagnostic & treatment appointments may be combined for long-distance clients.
- Diagnostic assessment (new patients, must include video during call) – includes behavioral assessment, diagnosis, risk assessment, and basic management plan (avg. length 1.5 – 2 hrs)
- Treatment consultation & plan – to follow a diagnostic appointment; includes comprehensive plan for management & safety, behavior modification strategies, and medication and/or medical testing recommendations, when appropriate (avg. length 1 – 2 hrs)
- Recheck assessment – follow-up recommendations and/or adjustments to existing treatment plans (avg. length 30 – 60 min)
* Pricing will increase to $400/hr on January 1, 2021.
VET-TO-VET CONSULTATIONS – $115/flat rate 30 min. call
Currently offered with Drs. Pachel & Pankratz only.
- Vet-to-Vet Consultations – Consults are conducted with an attending veterinarian via phone to discuss possible treatment and/or medication strategies for their cases. Does not include a written report or an evaluation of patient documents or records. The veterinarian makes final decisions on implementing recommendations given by our clinician(s). Availability for v2v consults is typically in the same week as requested, making this an ideal option for urgent cases. $115 flat rate (calls may vary in length between 15-30 minutes). Fee is charged directly to veterinary clinic. See our Vet-to-Vet Info Sheet for full details.
TRAINING & BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION
- We work in partnership with Instinct Dog Behavior & Training to provide one-on-one training services for our patients. Please visit their website for information on booking training sessions if you are not already an ABC client, or speak with your ABC veterinarian if you are!
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE TO EXISTING CLIENTS
- Veterinary/Handling Desensitization Sessions – one-on-one behavior modification sessions with a Behavior Technician on gradual desensitization to veterinary care, grooming, handling and procedures. Contact for current pricing and available packages.
ADDITIONAL PAYMENT DETAILS
- A cancellation fee may be charged on appointments cancelled with less than 72 hours’ notice. Please review our Cancellation Policy on our FAQs page for details.
- A non-refundable reservation fee in the amount of $180 will be collected at the time of scheduling a new patient appointment. Please see the Reservation Fee Requirements on our FAQs page for details on this fee and its application to your appointment cost.
- Additional fees will apply for any medications or products.
- The remainder of payment (any fees or time not covered by the reservation fee) is due at time of service.
- Cash, Checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and CareCredit are accepted.