Our Services and Fees
WE CAN HELP…
Behavioral problems can be dangerous, frustrating and can negatively impact quality of life for the pet as well as for the owner. The Animal Behavior Clinic addresses canine and feline behavior problems such as:
- Aggression to People or Animals
- Fear Issues
- Separation Anxiety
- Noise Phobias
- House Soiling
- Urine Marking
- Compulsive Behaviors
- Excessive Vocalization
- Attention Seeking
- Unruly Behavior
- Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome (“Alzheimer’s”)
- Inappropriate Scratching by Cats
- and more…
The Animal Behavior Clinic provides consultations for canine and feline behavioral problems. Consultations with the pet(s) and owner(s) generally last 1.5-2 hours and involve collecting historical information, observing the pet(s), establishing a diagnosis, and outlining a treatment plan. When appropriate, diagnostic testing will be recommended and some procedures can be performed during your pet’s appointment for your convenience. If indicated by the diagnosis, drug therapy may be a component of the treatment program. Phone and email support is provided at no additional charge to assist you in implementing the treatment recommendations that are provided during the assessment; when additional recommendations are indicated a phone or in-person recheck may be required.
Office appointments are offered at our clinic in SE Portland. Home visits are offered in Oregon, within a 15 mile radius of the clinic address. Please note – home visits are not currently offered in Washington. Home visits are strongly recommended for feline patients whenever possible.
- Diagnostic Behavioral Consultations (new patients): $300/hour
- Follow Up Consultations (current patients, in-person or phone [when applicable]): $240/hour
- Behavior Modification Appointments (current patients): $140/hour
- Travel Fee for Dr. Pachel’s Appointments: $65 (home visits in Oregon within a 15 mile radius of our office in SE Portland.)
- There is no travel fee for sessions with our trainers conducted offsite within a 15 mile radius. Locations outside this radius may still be serviceable at an additional mileage fee of $1/mile each way.
- A cancellation fee may be charged on appointments cancelled with less than 72 hours notice. Please review our Cancellation Policy on our FAQs page for details.
- A non-refundable reservation fee in the amount of $150 will be collected at the time of scheduling a new patient appointment. Please see the Reservation Fee Requirements on our FAQs page for details on this fee and its application to your appointment cost.
- Additional fees will apply for any diagnostic testing, medications or products.
- The remainder of payment (any fees or time not covered by the reservation fee) is due at time of service.
- Cash, Checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and CareCredit are accepted.
CONSULTATIONS DIRECT TO VETERINARIANS
Dr. Pachel also provides consultations direct to veterinarians. These consultations are a valuable way to provide direction or perspective on behavior cases but should not be considered the equivalent of an in-person assessment of the patient. Please call our office for more information on vet-to-vet services and their associated fees.