Our Services and Fees
WE CAN HELP…
Behavioral problems can be dangerous, frustrating and can negatively impact quality of life for the pet as well as for the owner. The Animal Behavior Clinic addresses canine and feline behavior problems such as:
- Separation Anxiety
- House Soiling
- Fear Issues
- Excessive Vocalization
- Compulsive Behaviors
- Noise Phobias
- Attention Seeking
- Unruly Behavior
- Aggression to People or Animals
- Urine Marking
- Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome (“Alzheimer’s”)
- Inappropriate Scratching by Cats
- and more…
The Animal Behavior Clinic provides consultations for canine and feline behavioral problems. Consultations with the pet(s) and owner(s) generally last 1 1/2-2 hours and involve collecting historical information, observing the pet(s), establishing a diagnosis and outlining a treatment plan. When appropriate, diagnostic testing will be recommended and some procedures can be performed during your pet’s appointment for your convenience. If indicated by the diagnosis, drug therapy may be a component of the treatment program. Phone and email support is provided at no additional charge to assist you in implementing the treatment recommendations that are provided during the assessment; when additional recommendations are indicated a phone or in-person recheck may be required.
Office appointments are offered at our clinic in SE Portland. Home visits are offered in Oregon, within a 15 mile radius of the clinic address. Please note – home visits are not currently offered in Washington. Home visits are strongly recommended for feline patients whenever possible.
**Our behavior modification session fees have recently changed, and will be going into effect April 1st, 2015. Existing appointments will not be affected.
- Diagnostic Behavioral Consultations (new patients): $300/hour
- Follow Up Consultations (current patients, in person): $240/hour
- Follow Up Phone Consultations (current patients, when applicable): $180/hour
- Behavior Modification Appointments (current patients): $140/hour
- Travel Fee for Dr. Pachel’s Appointments: $65 (home visits in Oregon within a 15 mile radius of our office in SE Portland.)
- There is no longer a travel fee for sessions with our trainer(s) conducted offsite.
- Additional fees will apply for any diagnostic testing, medications or products.
- A non-refundable reservation fee in the amount of $150.00 will be collected when scheduling an appointment for a new patient to the Animal Behavior Clinic. This payment will be applied to the cost of your pet’s assessment at the end of the diagnostic appointment. See the FAQ page for more information about the deposit and cancellation policies.
- The remainder of payment (any fees not covered by the deposit) is due at time of service.
- Cash, Checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted
CONSULTATIONS DIRECT TO VETERINARIANS
Dr. Pachel also provides consultations direct to veterinarians. These consultations are a valuable way to provide direction or perspective on behavior cases but should not be considered the equivalent of an in-person assessment of the patient. Please call our office for more information on vet-to-vet services and their associated fees.